12th October, 2018
Are you ready for Making Tax Digital?
We are and our aim is to make it D.E.L.I.G.H.T.F.U.L.
We are now Certified PLATINUM PRO ADVISORS for Quickbooks Online helping new and existing businesses move into the digital age with the world’s number one Cloud Accounting software.
For more information please contact us – we look forward to sharing this journey with you!Read Full Post
3rd August, 2018
All about accounting welcomes Sam to our accounts team
All about accounting would like to introduce you to our newest member ‘Sam’ who has recently joined our accounts team – please join us by giving her the warmest welcome.
28th March, 2018
Our very own Alex has completed the QuickBooks Online Core Certification
Please join us in congratulating our very own Alex in successfully completing the QuickBooks Online Core Certification!
We are very proud of you Alex, well done 🙂
Read Full Post
15th March, 2018
National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage – Increase (1st April 2018)
The National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage are set to increase effective from 01st April 2018.
The hourly rate depends on your age and whether you are an apprentice.
You must be at least:
- School leaving age to get the National Minimum Wage
- Aged 25 or over to get the National Living Wage – the minimum wage will still apply for workers aged 24 and under
The new rates are as below:
|Year||25 and over||21 to 24||18 to 20||Under 18||Apprentice|
|April 2017 (current)||£7.50||£7.05||£5.60||£4.05||£3.50|
For more in-depth information visit… http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1902#ratechanges.
Read Full Post
7th February, 2018
Is your business GDPR ready?
Data security is EVERY business’s business!
What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a binding legislative act from the European Union for the protection of personal data. The Regulation tackles the inconsistent data protection laws currently existing throughout the EU’s member states and facilitates the secure, free-flow of data.
Why do you need to know about it?
As of April 2016, businesses have been preparing for the legislation coming into effect on 25th May 2018. Although we are in the process of leaving the EU, working towards GDPR compliance remains crucial.
If you fail to comply with the Regulation you could find yourself being fined up to 4% of your company’s global annual turnover and your reputation damaged beyond repair.
- If you want to use someone’s personal data, they must give you ‘explicit consent’ to do so. This means no pre-ticked opt-in boxes by default. The individual must have always chosen to tick the box.
- If you want to use an individual’s personal data for multiple purposes, they must give consent for each, separately.
- Whether you are the data controller or processor, you must always record how consent was given, who from, when, how and what the interested parties were told.
- You must not use any confusing language. It must be easy for individuals to understand what they’re giving their permission for, and just as easy to withdraw permission at a later date.
- You must not bundle your consent request with your standard terms and conditions.
What should you be doing now?
- Do your consent processes meet GDPR standards? Carry out a thorough review of existing consent processes and assess whether they meet the Regulation’s requirements. If they do, there is no need to request consent from the subject again.
- If you are working with any third parties who will also need to use the individual’s personal data, the data subject must give their consent for this too.
- Start working towards making it as easy as possible for individuals to give and withdraw their consent.
- Keep thorough records of consent processes as evidence.
- Monitor your consent processes to keep them up to the GDPR standard by building regular reviews into business practices.
There are many useful webinars, seminars and much, much, more to get you and your business ready for GDPR – research now and find out how you need to become compliant before the deadline approaches.
Do not forget about our AAA (all about accounting) app for regular news updates!
**Disclaimer: The information in this article is for your general guidance only and is not and shall not constitute legal advice. If you need advice on your rights or responsibilities or any legal advice around data protection matters, please obtain specific legal advice and contact an adviser or solicitor.**
Read Full Post
10th January, 2018
Self Assessment Deadline – 31st January 2018
Now that the festive celebrations are over, businesses and their owners must not forget the all important Self-Assessment deadline.
The deadline for sending 2016-17 Tax Returns to HMRC is midnight on 31st January 2018.
The penalty regime for missing the 31st January deadline includes an initial £100 penalty, which applies even if there is no tax to pay.
It is important that you do not leave submission until the last minute, as from experience HM Revenue & Customs tends to take a more careful view of those returns submitted near to the deadline.
If you haven’t submitted your tax return yet or provided information to your accountant to assist them with the necessary preparations, now is the time to act!Read Full Post
6th December, 2017
Christmas at all about accounting
Our team of elves have been very busy getting the office ready for the festive season! It’s safe to say Santa’s happy with his lollipops and we’ll definitely be in his good books this year!
Read Full Post
18th October, 2017
Our new business cards!
Take a look at our lovely new business cards – get in touch if you’d like to hear more about our relaxed and friendly business.
Let us make YOUR business, OUR business!Read Full Post
11th October, 2017
2017 / 18 Tax Card
Read Full Post
10th October, 2017
YOU ARE INVITED TO OUR EXCLUSIVE EVENT
Please join us at this complimentary ‘Moving your business forward’ event and listen to our expert speaker discuss topics such as:
- Business Growth
- How to protect your business
- Employment law updates
- Health & Safety responsibilities
- Managing staff behaviour
- Auto enrolment
Monday 30th October – Lysses Hotel – RSVP to Jan, call 07956 596584 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgRead Full Post